tisdag 15 juni 2010

Gardenjoy


Today the fourth of my asylumseekers received his residence permit. I'm so happy he now has a chance to finally start buildning a life for himself!!!























This evening I decided to enlarge the rabbitcage. I got the cage for free, it has been used in foxfarming before and actually consists of two cages. In this photo you can see the left part, which they only used at first, and the wall in the middle - in the photo in the post below you can see the whole cage in the photo with the boys in the smaller cage :). I managed to bend it open in the middle, so now my girls have a bed- and livingroom :). It was a joy to see them run around, this was the first time I've seen them do this. They ran around their "house", through a "pipe" I have there and made a loop around a small piece of log. And it went really fast! Before I began with the project I sat down in their cage and I became very happy when they jumped into my lap and also on top of their house and sniffed my face. I suspect they thought I was their dinner and were a bit confused :), but the main thing was that they weren't afraid! Takes some time to learn about the soul of the rabbit, but this evening made me feel we're going to become good friends :). Next step is to train them to get used to reins (=sele), so we can go for walks (after Fia has been locked into the house...).

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

We had a bunny a couple of years ago. She was sweet but would bite sometimes =( We now have hamsters. One escaped last night. My cat came and woke me up, made me follow him to the kitchen and laid down. i think he was trying to tell me the hamster escaped but I didn't get it! It was 4 in the morning!!! I hope the hamster shows up soon!!!

jj

Marianne sa...

Härligt att kaninerna blev så glada och att de börjar bli vän med dig!!! Det är alltid så härligt när djur ger en sitt förtroende.

Jag börjar bli vän med kattungarna på baksidan av huset, jo jag har fått sådana igen, jag fick klappa dem när de åt. De har sett att mamman gullar ordentligt med mig, så de blir mindre och mindre rädda.

Kram!

Jemayá sa...

Julie: did the cat want a meal of the hamster or are they friends? Hopefully the latter :). Hope it has turned up!!

Marianne: jag tänkte väl det :). Åh vad många katter du gjort lycklig där i Kairo! kramar!

Anna, Fair and True sa...

Å vad kul att han får stanna i Finland!