söndag 1 augusti 2010

Day of art and photo


Yesterday was "my day" in the photoclub to take one brilliant photo....easier said than done, but I really tried my best, and had a really good day (needless to say, D was at his dad's..).








Art, music and films have more or less disappeared from my life since D, but I really hope they all could come back, little by li
ttle. Yesterday I noticed how much I had missed taking part in art events - it really is nuturing for the soul - and gave me inspiration to venture out into that field myself.
Ar
tists had their studios open for visitors for three days over the
weekend, so everyone could come and visit. One girl had created installations in some barns (lovely ones, I always admire them when I pass). In the last one you could write a wish - mine also hangs on the wall :) .


Did I get one brilliant photo - no. Before the art-part, I also visited a sailing-competition in Monäs.
Since it was rainy and windy, the conditions weren't the greatest and I didn't notice I had gotten rain on my lens :(. Afterwards I continued to a wonderful beach nearby - Storsand (in Monäs). I used to visit it at least once every summer when I was younger, this summer I would've liked to take D there, but on the hot days there was always something else and after this I think it'll be too cold there, since it's the open sea.

Last week my cousin and his daughter brought me a new (used) computer - they had easy access to them since they both work with computers (my cousin with Nokia). They spent the entire day transferring files and other things, but Photoshop they didn't manage to save for me and I couldn't find the disk I had it on, so now I have to try to learn how to edit my photos in another program - and of course it doesn't work exactly like Photoshop and I'm so frustrated since I don't have the time to learn!!! Grrrrr. So some of the photos here are a bit dark and others I simply don't have the time to do anything about - and the best I have to save in case they will be chosen by the photoclub - those you will see next year :). I had a terrible headache last night - I guess it was the wind that caused it, my head seems to be sensitive to strong wind. But that's also frustrating, since I should've slept as much as possible, since D is away, but instead I was away for many hours waiting for the painkillers to kick in. This summer has really been terrible when it comes to sleep. So many things have kept me awake or awoken me - D (lots and lots of times), tenting..., thunderstorms (we've had a lot of them), trips....

(Have to write now when I have the chance, in a few hours I have to pick up D in Seinäjoki and who knows when I'll have time again....)

I actually found an ad for a job, which would've been perfect for me. Making interviews, writing articles, giving out info - but it included work in the evenings and weekends at times and also a fair bit of travelling. I thought really hard about it, but came to the conclusion that I simply cannot do it. I need to have a calmer year, when I can take properly care of us all three plus the house. I will try to manage with the jobs I have and hopefully my creativity will kick in when it hopefully finally will have a bit of space and time....I'm really prepared to get a loan if I can't managed to scrape together enough with my part time jobs, but I feel I can't cope with lots of pressure and a fully-booked timetable for every day. I can only hope there will be other opportunities in a year or two, when D again is older and I hopefully feel less wound up and overwhelmed.

For a long time I've been wanting to visit a house "Akkatalo" (Hag's house...but I think the name also refers to something ancient, the artist had a lot of references to the Gilgamesh epos). Yesterday I finally did - and fell in love! Now I know where to take friends who visit :) (remember to click again on the collage once you've opened it, to get a better look at each and every photo):


Posted by Picasa

8 kommentarer:

heffamamman sa...

Underbara bilder av ladorna. Men jag vet hur svårt det är att få till en perfekt bild då det är krav på det. Den rätta skärpan brukar fly sin kos då. :) Under flera somrar har jag tänkt åka till Kovjoki och fotografera fina lador där. Men ännu har det inte blivit av. Undrar hur många knäppgökar med kameror i högsta hugg som smyger omkring där varje år... ;-)

Tråkigt om Photoshop gick upp i rök. Jag använder fortfarande bara Picasa och tycker jag får hyggligt redigerade bilder den vägen. Men collagefunktionen har fått fnatt där. Picasa zoomar automatiskt in om bilderna är av format större, så en del av bilden ifråga försvinner. Men bara om jag försöker göra collage i stil med ditt sista i det här inlägget. Otroligt irriterande. Har du inga såna problem? Det började för nån månad sen - kanske jag borde installera Picasa på nytt.

Storsand hann vi inte heller besöka den här sommaren, trots att vi hade laddat upp med flytvästar och allt. Men det blåste så mycket under vår vecka ute vid villan och med bil hade vi ingen lust att åka dit. Det måste vara jobbigt för dig att hela tiden behöva fundera på arbetssituationen. Hoppas att det sist och slutligen löser sig lika smidigt som det gjorde ifjol! Fast det säkert är ett evigt pusslande med flera olika jobb.

Akka-talo har jag aldrig hört talas om. Allt hittar de då på. :) Nu måste jag hänga upp tvätt för femtioelfte gången den här veckan. Ha det bra!

Jemayá sa...

Nej, jag har inte haft det problemet med Picasa som du säger - kanske det på ngåot sätt har hakat upp sig :(. Jag vill spara fotona i så stort format som möjligt, måste kolla att de blir stora också i Picasa (med tanke på att man aldrig vet vilket foto kan behövas för publicering t.ex.). Akkatalo var ljuvligt, vilken fantasi! Rekommenderar!

Anonym sa...

Helt suveräna bilder!Hoppas det kommer nåt jobb som passar din titabell och flexbehov, samt att du får ge av all din kreativitet, du är bra på så himla mycket!Katri

Anonym sa...

The only thing I know about photography is what I like....and i like your pictures! The first one, of the person walking to the shack is very cool!

ulrika v sa...

Tack Ulla får ladu-bilderna! Skulle så gärna se utställningen, men det blir troligtvis för mycket denna vecka.

B-M sa...

Härliga bilder!!

Anna, Fair and True sa...

Vilka fina foton!!

Anonym sa...
Den här kommentaren har tagits bort av bloggadministratören.