fredag 6 augusti 2010

Pekka

Yesterday my mother had some xrays of her intestines made in Vaasa. At the parkinglot there we also met with our newest familymember - Pekka, who had arrived all the way from Närpiö, which is one hour south of Vaasa, and we are one hour northeast of Vaasa.

Pekka didn't like to sit in his box. I couldn't stand his crying, so I lifted him out and it took some time before he found the safest place in the car :). He really is adorable - we have all fallen in love with him - except for Fia. Pekka is a tough little fellow, but really friendly and calm as well. D is a bit too rough with him still, so I need to stay close by, but right now he is sleeping next to D. Probably until Fia comes...I don't think she'll tolerate him in our bedroom yet, unfortunately. But I really think they'll become best friends and Pekka will help me "babysit" - that is, keep D company, while I do my chores. He's been saying he wants a baby - now he got one :).

I bought a new refrigerator this week and have been reorganising in the kitchen. Today we went swimming - our summer is really amazing, I haven't swam this much in years. Unfortunately the water in the sandpit is a bit greenish...we also visited a field filled with butterflies. I've had some bad days this week, it's been hard to get going and everything I've tried to do, has been difficult due to problems. But when I look at these photos it feels good - and after a lot of looking and wondering, I finally remembered where I had used a shelf I needed in the kitchen.

Note to self: find something every day to break the "have to do this, and that, and how will I have time for that and that...". A nice friend offered to have D for a while so I could work in peace and quiet at home (probably after having read on FB that I was a nervous wreck after having written a column and been interrupted by son over and over again...). I mowed the lawn and cleaned the rabbits' cage - and sat and complained to her when I picked him up again. Just then I remembered where I hadn't looked for the shelf :). So maybe I can clear up everything tomorrow and try to get back to somesort of almost-in-control everyday life. My kitchen feels great already - the refrigerator is better situated now, I don't need to run around the whole kitchen table to get something out of it. And I'll have more workingspace, hooray!

Posted by Picasa

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Adorable kitten!

Jemayá sa...

he really is!

Anonym sa...

Pekka ser helt underbar ut, vilka fantastiska ögonbryn.Fint att D och han kommer bra överens.Du kommer ha hjälp av det.D ser verkligen ut som en stor pojke när han simmar med sin simring.Underbara bilder, som vanligt. Kram Katri.