onsdag 14 juli 2010

Renovation results


Here the result of the painting of the entrance hall - before and after (not exactly the same spot . The second photo with the new look is taken to the left of the entrance door), but you can see the coloring - from dark wood to light green and white! I was also very happy to finally be able to use a fabric I bought almost ten years ago, but never found a good place to put it in. I actually tried to sell it in a flee market, but noone wanted it - now it's perfect as curtains and pillow. I'm actually still not sure about the color of the doors (photo with papers on the floor and D), the color is not quite right, but at the moment I'll let it rest...the alternatives are painting them white, or a bit darker green.















Then finally we have the new "project" - the old, surprise birds' nests in the chimney. I ended up emptying out my closet, so the workers could make holes to get at the nests. Luckily enough, there was only about 20 cms really hard stuff, the rest (almost 2 meters) came out easily. I already had a melt down when I found out the costs for a day's work, but now it turned out they could get it all out in half an hour, phew! The repairers actually came to put pipes in the chimney, which is falling apart...and laying new bricks at the top. My part will be to paint a bit - and clean the house from the dust (up- and downstairs...).

2 kommentarer:

Petchie75 sa...

Åh, vad skönt att höra att det gick mycket lättare, snabbare och framförallt BILLIGARE att ta bort fågelbona!!
Hallen ser jättefin ut, fräsch och ljus!
Hoppas att du kan slappna av nu lite och bara ta det lugnt.

Jemayá sa...

blir glad varje gång jag stiger in i huset - nu känns det välkomnande! Och jag är en ny människa efter lägret :)