söndag 3 oktober 2010

The past weeks in pictures...

Don't know if this will continue also after I've finished picking the potatoes sometime next week, but so far there is no time for blogging. I've been working on the potatoeharvester nearly every day and in between tried to take care of matters at the refugeecenter. It's been rather hard on the body, but I also feel stronger now and I've actually also managed to attend a few zumba- and qigonglessons. I'm confident I can continue when life hopefully calms down a bit.

I've had a parent- and childfree weekend again, which is really, really nice. I worked most of Friday and didn't have very much energy for housework yet on Saturday (when I go to zumba and also had
to visit a two-week old baby at the refugeecenter), so unfortunately Sundays are usually my "clear-up" days at home.

In a few hours my mother gets back home and in the afternoon I'll drive one hour to fetch my son in Seinäjoki. Another good thing about being apart once in a while is that I start appreciating having them. I can't say I miss them, but I love having the opportunity to do things at my own pace for a few days and be able to concentrate on one thing at a time. Since the house is less chaotic when they get back, I'm also happier and things run more smoothly until I lose control again....hopefully that won't happen for some time, since I hope to have more time to spend taking care of the house after next week. The photo of D is on a rainyday when I picked him up from daycare earlier and thought I could do work on the computer even if he is home (no potatoepicking that
day, not when it's pouring down). Well, I could, but he also found "nice" things to spend his time with - like drawing, his face. "I'm a cat" he happily came to tell me :).


Our cat Pekka is at an annoying age, so far he has broken three flowerpots, one lamp and bitten off a chord (thought it was only rabbits who do that). Now I'm almost hysterical when he goes close to the chords by the computer!

I'm hoping to save at least 50 euros per month by doing changes with phones and computers. Now my mother hasa mobile (found a really good seniormobile on the internet) and our "normal" phone works via the computer. I've also changed internetoperator, which sh
ould make my bill lower and increase the speed of my connection! This weekend I'm in between, my new email address doesn't work yet, but I can still for the time being receive mail to my old address.


One problem with photos is that I c
annot show you the best ones, at least not certain days when it's my day (two times per month) to take pictures for the photoclub-project. Even if it's a bit stressful to have that pressure whe
n it's my day, it really forces me to become a better photographer and helps me remember what I've learnt. These cow-photos are photos that
weren't chosen, so now I can show them to you instead :). Since I grew up with cows...I mean, my parents were dairyfarmers :), I really enjoy seeing them in the fields. Unfortunately they aren't that common anymore. The calf that can be seen here had been born during the night before I turned up!

Anyway, here are photos from when a lot of
digging was done around the hou
se. There is a law in Finland that households for instance in the countryside have to take better care of their sewage, so now we a
re connected to a mini-sewage treatments works with two neighbours
. Had to get a loan to pay for it (er...and used a bit of it to change into a newer car as well :), but will get a
bit back from the state. D was really happy when the excavator-driver let him "drive" the machine for a bit. In the backgro
und you can see the "bedrooms" of the rabbits - at the back of that cage is the tube where they can run through the bushes to the exercise-pen on the otherside. In the photo with D he is sitting in it and you can just about see all the three rabbits together (hard to get them all three together since they're hoppin garound all the time :).

Three weeks ago when I also was "free" I was much more socialab
le, but noticed I should've left one evening for myself,
so this weekend I only spent the evenings by myself, enjoying the fact that I can actually watch tv! The first sunset-picture is from the sea where there was a "light-party", in other words, like "Tupperware" but with candles and candleholders. It was worth it to see the sea this calm at this time of the year.


(phew, it takes such a long time to upload these photos, one at a time and then to try to get it in it's right place is a drag. On facebook it's much faster......I'm sorry this is so jumpy, I tried to do something about it and then photos disappeared, don't have time to start loading them up again!! What a bad system they have!!!! Anyone know of another blog where the photos can be uploaded faster and easier?)

Last photo is from Thursday night when I was driving home from Seinäjoki, after his father had picked D up. The sunset was fabulous and with the fog rising in the fields it was so beautiful. I only had my small camera and the best colours had already disappeared (turquois and pink) and it was too dark to see the barns and the fog - but I'll publish it anyway. Soon there will not be much colors when we get to the end of October and November....



5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Thanks for sharing.The sky picture is wonderful.Love Katri

Saltistjejen sa...

Jättefina bilder! Jag vörstår att du har fullt upp men det är roligt att du bloggar då och då så man ändå får följa er lite. Ang katter så jo det är tyvärr vanligt att de vill tugga på sladdar. Alla katter gör det inte men vissa. I vissa fall går det över när de är vuxna i vissa fall gör de det hela livet. Ett tips vi fickfrån "Olgakatt" (vet inte om du läser hennes blogg me det är M´s moster) som har låååång erfarenhet av katter, så kan man "smörja" in sladdarna med citronsaft. Alltså pressa saften ur en eller ett par citroner och doppa en trasa eller liknande i detta och sedan går runt med denna och gnida in sladdarna. Det KAN fungera om katten inte gllar citrus. Många katter avskyr citrus. Testa det!!!
Kraam!

Anonym sa...

Very nice, as usual. Is the mother of the little baby in Finland too or did just the baby make it out? And I love you tall, blond cat, Daniel.
Julie

Anna, Fair and True sa...

Du verkar ha haft fullt upp så då år det förståeligt att du inte hunnit blogga!

Anonym sa...

Katri: den såg förstås ännu vackrare ut, men lite aning får man av fotot. kram!

Saltis: som tur är var det bara de smala telefonladdarsladdarna som han gillade, de tjockare har han lämnat ifred! Men bra att veta om citronen, ifall han ännu skulle visa tendenser på att tugga! kram!

Julie: the baby is here with its' mother and big brother (2).

Anna: jo, det känns osm "livet" helt och fullt slukat upp mig!