torsdag 24 januari 2013

Thursday off

Finally I'm back to the normal rhythm, with Thursdays off. Because of the holidays the weeks have been irregular and I didn't really have any time off during Christmas. Worked Christmas Eve and had to be "stand by" in case there were problems with the course I had organized in Pietarsaari for the Afghan refugees. New Year's Eve and Day were off. But so much was going on, there were not really any lazy days at all, which would've been good. I can't complain, it's been fun and satisfying, but it's also nice to get into a bit of a calmer rhythm.  

 D took the bus to preschool in the morning (1,8 kms), so I didn't have to get up to put the heating of the engine on (about -16 this morning) and sleep longer than usual. What luxury! Three hours for myself, before I have to pick him up at 11 o´clock - preschool ends earlier on Thursdays, that´s why I've decided to have my day off then, so he can get home early once in a while.

He got "Mario Galaxy" (wii) for Christmas, and that has really been a savior! He loves it and I think it's nice when there isn't much violence...well, he does hit monsters etc that turn into stars, but the music is lovely and I think he is actually learning things while doing it. And he is moving his body, not just his fingers! So even if he is home, I can do my things. At the moment it is clearing away the last signs of Christmas. I love doing many things at once - writing a blog, checking fb, changing lamps in the windows, doing laundry, clearing tables, clearing away some clothes etc etc I jump from one to the other while moving around the house. No "one thing at a time" here :).

Last weekend A and I went to Helsinki for a weekend for ourselves. In Ayurveda I'm Pitta/Vata, if that means anything to you, A is Pitta /Kapha. He pulls me down when I spin off too much, which is wonderful. We have incredible flow when we are together - proven on our trip. It was the first time we were on a trip (albeit small) together and everything went so well. I tend to lose energy at some point, but that was no problem. He needs to stretch everyday, because he has had problems with his back - then I can lay down and close my eyes for a bit and then we go again :).

I feel like writing again, unfortunately I seldom find the time. I still need to sleep almost eight hours per night - wish I could manage on a bit less, then I'd have a bit more time for myself in the evening...but maybe soon!

Inga kommentarer: