söndag 17 februari 2008

Quickly, quickly....

So little time, so much to do....I've put the painting of the wall in D's room on hold, I noticed the house was getting very chaotic and me slightly obsessed with the painting. Typical me, when I find something I really like, I usually go a bit overboard, has happened with men, salsa...on the other hand, that's when you feel really alive, when you can do things you really feel passionate about. There has been a bit too much passion in the house lately though - the new cat has been rather loud, calling for local toms....D has been a bit "under the weather", especially the last two nights have been very restless, so it's no surprise that I have the flu again, I've slept far too little this year!

But I wanted to tell you about exciting things going on in my life - apart from the painting. Getting to know new people is something that is always great. I've just gotten in touch with a relative in the States, a woman almost my age. I look forward to getting to know her more! I never wrote it here, but at the end of last year, when I actually had a leisurely moment, I signed up on CS - Couchsurfing. I had read an article about it in the paper, cut it out, had it on my desk for months, but finally had a chance to look it up. I immediately put my profile in there, and I just got a message from a guy in Belgium who might be travelling to Finland. The idea behind CS is to offer a couch for fellow travellers, and in return, when you are travelling, find cheap accommodation this way. I thought, since I won't be doing much travelling, I might invite the world to our place instead :). Now my head feels like it's exploding, so I have to go a lie down. But despite being physically in bad shape, I'm very excited psychologically :).

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Couchsurfing låter som en toppenidé. Fast lite, lite försiktig får man väl vara med vem man bjuder hem till sig.

Anonym sa...

Instämmer med Matildas fikrum. Och hördu Ulla, sköt nu om DEJ!'kram Katri

Annika sa...

Modigt av dig, tycker jag...
Jag antar att man kan kolla upp vem som äntrar hemmet innan. Annars är CS en bra ide...

Jemayá sa...

Jo, jo, ta det lugnt :), det är inte så att man sätter ut sin adrss på nätet och så är det bara för vem som helst att klampa in! Intresserade tar först kontakt via email och så får man pejla läget. Det är ju inte heller så att hela världen brinner av lust att få besöka jeppo :), så jag tror inte det blir precis rusning!