fredag 2 april 2010

A Good Friday

For months we've been trying to get together with a friend with a daughter a year older than D. But lots of work for both mothers and illnesses in both families have prevented it. This morning it finally worked out - and we had such a nice time. Enjoying the last of the snow, D getting soaked in the water. I feel like I have such a long holiday now, with four days of leisure. It began perfectly!

We also grilled some sausages in the garden, with birds singing above in the tree - I think we can finally say - SPRING IS HERE!!!
Comments to the collage: I manage to fall over with my chair, but saved the sausage :) (D's waterbottle in the other hand). D was also so cute when I asked him to stand next to E so I could take a picture - he felt a bit shy :). If you click on the collage once at first, then once again, you should be able to see the photos inside the collage in bigger size.

I talked to an aquaintance in the shop yesterday, both complaining about how hard the winter has been. She said a friend of hers actually almost had a breakdown a few weeks back when it started snowing again. It's strange, but I felt relieved. I have been so worried that I can't handle taking care of everything - because what is the option?! When I heard that someone else was also near breaking-point, I realized this winter has been really hard on everyone, so maybe I'll managed better another winter, which hopefully won't be this hard.

Our friends' neighbours' cat has adopted the family and is there almost all the time. Which is nice for the girl, since her mum is allergic and they can't take a cat of their own. I think I'll show the photos to our Fia - she never, ever sits in my lap, this one came voluntarily (even if it looks in the picture like I'm holding poor Rambo very tightly).


When we got home I took a nap as well, which was amazing since D was jumping on top of me all the time :) . What a great start to the Easter holidays!!

ps. Forgot to tell you - my mother came home yesterday, with new medicines once again. Let's keep our fingers crossed that she'll be able to stay fairly healthy now for a long time to come!

7 kommentarer:

Saltistjejen sa...

UNDERBARA bilder! ni verkar haft det just så härligt som man önskar det vore alltid! Krovgrillning ser så mysig ut!
Stor kram och GLAD PÅSK!!

Matildas fikarum sa...

Korvgrillning i snön ser så himla mysigt ut! Det är något jag inte gjort sedan jag var barn.

Jag förstår att vintern varit jobbig för många, den verkar ju aldrig ta slut. Men snart, så!

Anonym sa...

Ni ser ut att ha det mysigt i snön.Hoppas ni har möjlighet att ta er till någon påskbrasa? eller kanske ni har en egen? För oss blir det påskbrasa i Kimo. Glad Påsk till er alla tre från Smedsby! Susanne

Jemayá sa...

Saltis: dagar som dessa i påsk är som balsam för våra trötta vintersjälar!! Kolla lite extra på stora fotot med elden - folk har noterat att det finns en kvinnofigur i lågorna!! kramar!!

Matilda: om du bara tar dig hit ska vi grilla korv i trädgården :). Occh ja, nu börjar man äntligen våga tro att det tar slut!

Susanne: jag hann inte plocka ihop en egen brasa, ska bränna den lite senare då man bättre slipper ut på åkern, nu plumpar man ner en halvmeter, vilket inte är så skoj. I nästa inlägg ser du påskbrasan i Jeppo! Kul du kommenterade!!! Hoppas ni hade en glad påsk också!

Anna, Fair and True sa...

Hoppas din mamma får vara frisk ett tag!

Anonym sa...

We have had strange weater here in Michigan, USA. We had days as warm as 70's, then it got quite abit colder and we've had some hail and more snow. Today it is in the 60's again so I will not complain. My niece, Kids and I sat in a hottub in the cold rain earlier this week. It was Spring Break for the kids. Julie

Jemayá sa...

Anna: hoppas jag verkligen också!

Julie: Now it's been above zero for a few weeks, I really hope there won't be any more "setbacks". Everyone is soooo fed up with this winter of ours, it really is time for spring now!!