söndag 16 januari 2011

Back to business!

I have to say, I have a very positive vibe about this new year! Even if it started with sad news in the family - my 102 year old aunt (father's sister) passed away on the second of January. But she was rather healthy and clear right to the end - a good example to the rest of us.

This week I began working with the refugee children again - the youngest got residence permit on Thursday and turned two yesterday! Unfortunately the week was a bit too busy, with two meetings, start up of exercise classes (qigong on Thursdays) and a graduation party on Saturday. I need to have a few more calm nights at home and preferably also during the weekend, otherwise I know I easily "get up too much speed" and get stressed out. But I will try to put the breaks on and focus on having time to take care of things at home - that is my top priority this year. I'll also try to exercise regularly, if possible. On Mondays skiing for kids is organized. That's the best - when D and I can start doing something together. Then I aim to do qigong on Thursdays and zumba on Saturdays...I'm also so glad my mother has been fairly well as well. Next week she will go for five days to rehabilitation. During the weekend D goes to his dad and I'm giving myself a minivacation in Helsinki :).

Don't remember if I've told you exactly how many rabbits
we have (10!)- the last family of mother and three babies moved in on Monday. I try to avoid rearing wild rabbits. Unfortunately the first rabb
itbabies still are fairly timid, even if they've lived in a cage in my office for several weeks already. I'll try to avoid that with the new ones. I'ts easier to be sociable with them, when they live in our porch :) and haven´t started jumping around yet. Their mother Maya is the nicest of the rabbits - lets me pet her most of the time :). In the photo my mother and the cats were checking out the newcomers. Yesterday I found a woman who is prepared to take two rabbits later this spring (hooray!) and I hope to be able to find owners to most of them...with some luck :).

Inga kommentarer: