söndag 24 april 2011

Lately...

"I am a robot" (had to buy a new digibox, son immediately found use for the wrappings :)

Getting the make-up ready :). On Easter Saturday kids dress up as witches here and visit houses to get candy. D has so far always wanted to be a rabbit....(note Maya- the rabbit in the background, has been hysterical: one rabbit on the run, three rabbits on the run, all rabbits in the cages, again one rabbit on the run.....I'm losing count!!)

Ready to get going. Unfortunately my beloved new camera has suddenly stopped automatic focus. I know I don't treat my cameras gently, but only four months......So sad. I've learnt how to focus manually, but probably have to send it away again. Sob!!!!! Worried also about my mother. I really hope it's due to the strong medication she has received, but she has been a bit disoriented lately. Hopefully she'll be able to come home on Tuesday, and hopefully her mind will be back to normal, otherwise I don't know how I'll be able to have her live with us :(. 

Traditional Easter bonfire. Such a relief to be able to burn old stuff....wish it was that easy with hurt , bitterness, broken hearts etc etc. Old feelings have risen to the surface lately, probably since I've been so tired. 

I'm so grateful we have such nice neighbors. It would have been lonely to burn the bonfire just me and D, now  there were more of us (and a bigger bonfire :)

Waiting for the fire to burn down so we can grill the sausages :)

Having fun :)

Still having fun, but getting slightly tired :)

"The Easter crowd" :)

And finally, last photo: the garden this morning (the barn behind the garden/yard, opposite our house, I'm standing on the balcony -pls click to see bigger). I'm still in the process of leveling the hedge, hard work climbing up and down and I think this is the last year I can manage it, the ladder won't be long enough anymore. Elmer is still on the run, I had managed to lure him into the enclosure yesterday, but on hour after he was out again. He's become such an expert - and I don't have time to fix every little detail in the enclosure - especially since I've been planning to make it even bigger and will have a bigger job if I've put a lot of effort on it now. So I guess I'll have to start protecting my plants instead of trying to catch Elmer. There will be many dangers facing him this summer - cats, dogs etc, I'm surprised if he makes it to autumn, unless somekind of miracle happens and I can still catch him. 

My body is aching - in a good way. Gardening is hard work :). But it's such a positive thing, every year you start full of hope and internal pictures of how lovely it's going to look - by July I usually lose interest and by the end of the summer everything is overgrown :). But right now I have lots of plans - and everything is going to look soooo great :). 


Inga kommentarer: