söndag 15 maj 2011

More visits


I've felt an urgency to invite people who I know care for my mother, just in case....Here she is with her cousin, who could almost be called a sister, they call each other many times a week. Greta is almost the only one she speaks to on the phone anymore, almost all her other friends have died during the past few years. That is a really hard part about becoming old. In the evening I had to take her to the geriatric ward and she is still in hospital (the part where mostly the elderly are/bädden), but was a bit stronger when we visited her on Friday. So maybe, maybe she can still come home. The problem is the nights - because her legs don't work very well any more, her balance is really bad and she needs help to go to the toilet during the night. My bedroom is upstairs and I simply cannot go down many times a night to help her. She has "aids" around her bed, but I thought of still another handle to put in, to give her something to hold onto. Now I have more time during the day to help her. I so hope she could still be with us during the summer.

I had invited my cousin (at the end of the table) and his wife as well. My second cousin to the left. 

When the teaching ended I had finally time to focus of my job with the refugee children (have only three any more and it's been more quite for about a month with tasks connected with them during the past month, thank God!!). It's a bit hard to  sit and talk with a two year old, so we went for a walk instead to a playground, where I could also speak to a woman, who used to be my "client" as well - when they turn 18 our "offical "relationship automatically ends. This little guy is really adorable. 

During the evening me and D went by car to take some photos (again "my day" to take a good photo in the photoclub). I had also recieved a flu, so wasn't too keen on it. Luckily enough my friend C and her son were outside when we passed, so we went to see them for a while. It's great now that the boys can start playing together!!

D and V were disagreeing on who should drive the great "boxcar" they had - I was the engine :). It wasn't good for my flu, though. I've had a slight temperature since Wednesday (the day after I took my mother to hospital), but since spring exploded, I've simply had to do things in the garden as well, probably prolonging the flu. But what can you do, I'm not ill enough to stay in bed, but I hate the lack of energy to do anything. Today it's raining slightly, D is still with his dad and I've taken time on the computer. In the afternoon I'm going to the wind orchestra concert, I've asked the dad to bring D a bit later. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel normal again.  
I'

4 kommentarer:

heffamamman sa...

Den där röda hatten känner jag minsann igen. :) Din nya kamera tar verkligen fina bilder. Fast jag antar att du också har en del i det hela. :)

Anonym sa...

In Australia they call it Nursing Home, it´s often in the same area of buildings of a retirement village.
Fd Matildas Fik

Anonym sa...

I am so glad that your Mom had some good visitors. How does she feel about being there? How do you feel about her being there? I remember my mom felt safer in a nursing home and that made it much easier having her there.

jj

Jemayá sa...

Heffamamman: det är nog kameran som är bra, c tog ju också en bild här och den är precis lika bra! Jag är så glad att jag har en kamera nu som tekniskt går att lita på!

Matilda: blir det Finland...? Jag undrar om inte "geriatric ward" ändå skulle vara det som beskriver det bäst?

JJ: the visitors were here at our home, but in the evening I had to take her to the "geriatric ward" (maybe that is the best word to describe it). She isn't too happy with the place - she shares a room with four other women, there is no privacy and since her mother tongue is Finnish and most of the other patients are Swedish-speaking, she hasn't got anyone to talk to :(. The retirement home, which is much better, doesn't accept any new clients, since they are renovating it at the moment :( :(.