söndag 15 maj 2011

Rabbits etc

Maya and Elmer (sister and brother...and parents to the three other rabbits we have....9) enjoying the warmer weather

Elmer

Maya



"The boys"...until a week ago when I took them to the vet to be castrated. Turned out Oscar to the right is "Olga" (Leo to the left), SIGH.  No point in separating them now, but I really hope and pray they haven't made new rabbits before Leo's operation. 
Leo, Maya and Elsa. After Leo's "caranteen" for three weeks (can still have sperms) I'll try to make a bigger enclosure and put all together. I suspect there will be fights, but I hope they'll accept each other in the end. After all....they are all family!


Finally there are flowers, the leaves have appeared again and today we've had a bit of rain. There is  plenty to do in the garden, but still everything looks good :). Behind the trees you can see my new helper - a trailer! I've been wishing for one for a long time, but haven't had the money. 
(Sorry Julie - you are about the only one reading, but I don't know the names of these birds in English so I'll write this in Swedish). Är så glad över fåglarna i trädgården. Det svartvita flugsnapparparet lyckades hitta en holk, trots alla trastar och pilfinkar (men många av dem finns i vår granhäck).

Och för första gången (tror jag) sen mina föräldrar hade  kor, har vi ett starpar på gården. Det är jag jätteglad över!! 

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I think the birds are sparrows and a black crow in Engilish.jj

Jemayá sa...

Nope, I'm sure they are not sparrows, we have plenty of those, this is more special :). I checked the dictionary and it gives a direct translation from Swedish: spotted flycatcher! The black one is a starling! It has got babies now, there is a terrible noise around the tree when they are craving food :)