torsdag 1 februari 2007

Slowly getting there

Last time I wrote I was really stressed out, mainly about the renovation, but it felt like everything was piling up on me again. Now I feel slightly better...the planning of the Englishlessons went well and the linoleums and tiles are finished. Yesterday evening I could clear up the porch and homecareroom from most of the paintbuckets, wood etc debris and was actually able to see the floor for the first time in about two weeks. Felt wonderful to come down the stairs without tripping over boxes of nails or tiles! But, the bathroom is still not finished. I had my first real melt down yesterday (tears!) when I found out my cousin couldn't put up the cupboards in the bathroom, because the plumber needs to put in the waterpipes first - and my cousin had been very cranky, complaining about the long drive to our place, so I thought he wouldn't come anymore. I thought I'd be stuck with a half-finished room for the rest of the year, since I couldn't think of anyone else who could help me with the woodwork. But in the end he promised to come later and finish what needs to be done. Now I can start to furnish the homecareroom, once the electricity will be installed (I'm expecting them today...). I also look forward to being able to think about other things than the renovation!!!

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Här är också BLÄ idag! På Home Affairs hade de av okänd anledning slarvat bort L:s födelseattest från sjukhuset(de slarvar bort en massa papper på Home Affairs, en av de mest ineffektiva ställena i SA) så nu påstår de att vi måste vänta 6-8 veckor för att få ett till papper för L:s finska medborgarskap. Jag ringde dem idag och undrade hur det kan ta så jäkla länge...Kämpa på Ulla! Snart har du allt i ordning i huset. Kram

Anonym sa...

Hejsan! Vad duktiga ni (eller du) är som renoverar. Blir säkert fint sen :) Jag har skaffat en msn messenger-adr idag, kanske du brukar va där nåt så kunde vi chatta? sannairene@hotmail.com
Ha det bra!
Sanna M

Annika sa...

I hate having renovations done in the house. SO frustrating. I can so understand the fact that you had a meltdown. Awful!
BUT, I am sure it will all be over soon, and then you can indeed enjoy your house. How's your Mom holding up during all this ?

Anonym sa...

Hang in there kid!! Soon enough those past meltdown tears will be tears of joy when all is finally complete and in its place! May it all come sooner than later. ;-)

Jemayá sa...

Thanks to all - I guess I needed to let out some of the pressures, felt better since!

L: jaa, här är man frustrerad på byråkrati emellanåt, men saker och ting fungerar ju trots allt. Lycka till med paperworks!!

Jemayá sa...

Annika: jo, mommo tar det lugnt - mycket lugnare än jag! Hon hade inte behov av renovering, det är jag som anser att vi behöver den! Men jag tror nog hon är nöjd då vi har varmare och rymligare badrum, dessutom närmare hennes sovrum- Lite jobbigt har hon haft det då D varit lite svår att underhålla de gånger jag jobbat. Men de har kommit "på utflykt" i vagnen för att titta på då mamma jobbar, om det blivit riktigt omöjligt!