torsdag 10 januari 2008

Bricks!

This was the old stove in the livingroom (used to be an oldfashioned big kitchen until 2006 when the kitchen was moved to another room). It only became warm when heated, but didn't store the heat. We still have a stove like this in another room in the house - in case of major electrical crisis! The bricklayer said the project would take three days....tomorrow (actually today, writing again in the middle of the night - second time this week, couldn't go back to sleep after D woke me up and I had to change the diaper - too wound up I guess) will be day six! Well, during the weekend, when he began, he didn't work the whole days. Still, it's nerveracking to live in the middle of the dust, bricks, tools....and the dirt is spreading all over the house. I have seldom looked forward to cleaning as much as I do right now!!
Getting started....

We decided not to build it all the way up to the "box" jutting out at the top of the wall, which I had planned at first. I think it would've made the stove too "massive" since it became much wider than I anticipated (due to airchannels).


This is the situation right now. The white stuff in the middle comes off today, there will be three "mantelpieces" added, middle, top and below the door. (Phew, hard to know which words to use in English!!) Then I'll have to wait a few days, and then paint it. To be continued...hopefully I'll be able to present you with a picture of the finished "fireplace" (is that the right word for something like this...?) on Sunday. Sorry about the quality of some of the photos - I didn't remember to be more careful with my small camera - the photos easily become blurry with it if I don't pay attention. My big camera is now on its way to the "doctor" for assessment of the problem (D probaby pulled it off a table onto the floor - didn't see it happening, but he carried to me and after that it didn't work!). Luckily enough the camera is insured, so I'm hoping the bill won't be too big...

4 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I think those type fireplaces are simply called burners here.

Anonym sa...

Ser ut att bli en fin spis! Busar inte D runt där det ska jobbas? Lilla N i alla fall ska alltid vara just precis där det händer. En rapport på N:s senaste bus: 1.På julafton blev det plötsligt väldigt tyst, N och kusinen hittades framför tv:n med varsin halva Fazers blå....mmm...väldigt gott tyckte de. 2.En dag satt hon och ritade snällt med största storebror, efter en stund kom hon gråtandes och hade lyckats få tusch över hela händerna, gissa om det gick att få bort... neeej just det... 3. Hon har lyckats rita på allt och alla, köksbordet, köksstolarna, största storebrors skolböcker, dataskåpet. Pojkarna har aldrig ritat så mycket som ett streck nånstans men hon... Kanske mamma börjar tappa greppet!?
Hälsn. N:s mamma

Anonym sa...

He blir nou bra bara he blii färdit.Ni kommer att ha stor glädje o nytta av nya spisen. You are amazing som orkar o hinner me allt. Katri

Annika sa...

Ja, jag säger som Katri. Jag tycker också du är amazing som hinner och orkar allting!
Ska bli så kul att få se hur det ser ut när det blir färdigt. Hoppas att det blir klart ngtlunda snart!
Kram!