måndag 9 januari 2012

Back to work and the new life :)

Now I'm going to celebrate my first official workday 2012 by taking a bath :). I had such a wonderful weekend. It started on Thursday evening with a visit to the indoor swimmingpool in the city where D's father lives. That is my tradition, to go for a swim every second weekend when I drop him off. There were a lot of people there - I guess a lot have "began a new life" :). A young (under 30 :) guy spoke to me while we were catching our breaths in between laps - he was rather goodlooking, so that made my evening :). Can't remember being spoken to there before - as you know we Finns aren't really into small talk with people we don't know. I had also two Afghani girls and their mother with me - they went shopping while I went swimming and I joined them afterwards. Back in their hometown I continued to a new friend who had invited a few women over. Such a joy to sit and chat for hours!!!

On Friday I felt tired - I've had a feeling of a cold in my body all week, so I decided to really be lazy and hopefully get rid of the feeling of no energy. I watched a lot of tv, read some, sat by the computer and hoped I would have energy to clean the house the next day. And I had! Woke up like a new person, cleared away Xmas things (hadn't felt like getting much out anyway before the holidays, just a few small Santas that D had made in daycare :) and bits and bobs that had been irritating for weeks. And in the evening it was time for my debut at a "dance" about 50 kms south, in Lapua. A lot of adults in these areas go to these dances - a band is playing walzes, Finnish tango, foxtrot etc. I haven't been for a long time and in our Swedish-language areas the bands play rather boring music. But I discovered it was different in this Finnish-language place. It was so much fun!! The two women I was with, introduced me to the place and one of them gave me tips about where to stand in order to be asked to dance :) etc. One man who danced with me asked how it was to be new and when I was surprised - "how did you know"? he said he had seen my friend, whom he knew, pointing out different things :). I danced a lot - escaped in between to the toilet to breathe a bit. There have been too little exercise during the holidays and too many chocolates :(. But I'll definitely go again next time D is away - good dancers and I actually danced with one guy I thought was very interesting! So I have a lot of hope for the future :).

Sunday was spent being lazy again. Made a few calls I've thought about for a long time and a friend called as well. And then I ordered paper prints of my photos - that always takes forever, but I still want to make albums of my photos. I notice how quickly everything changes with a child - flipping through albums from when he was a baby feels like ages ago and I've already forgotten so much.

Today D was in daycare for the first time in three weeks and I could write an article in peace and quiet. We also visited the health station, because D has a rash on his chest. He had it already once before, but it went away when I put "creme" on, but now I thought someone should have a look at it. I suspect he might be allergic to chlorine, which is used to clean the water in the indoor swimming-pool. His father takes him there every time D is with him and has for many years. Like me, D's skin becomes very dry in winter and I suspect that might make him more sensitive. This week I'll take him to allergy tests to find out what he is allergic to in the summer, might get an explanation to the rash then as well.

I could feel the dancing on Saturday in my back and leg muscles - such good exercise! It made me want to take better care of myself so on Sunday I made a small track around the field, so me and D can go skiing together. Today I went to pick him up with the "kick-sledge". Right now it's -10 C, so we finally have a proper winter!

Inga kommentarer: