onsdag 4 april 2007

Caught in the act

I'm beginning to understand the slightly exhausted looks on experienced mothers' faces, when I have been wondering when D will start to crawl and walk. Now he crawls...and tries to climb up on most things (11 months today, by the way!). In the picture I caught him rummaging through my bag - he is particularly fond of my mobile...Unfortunately he has also discovered the buttons on the tv and video. And I made a major mistake - thought he was so smart when he had figured out which button to press to get the videocassette to pop out, press it in again, and then again press the button and do it again. After he's done it about 100 times, the video has began to act up, the teletubbies' tape sounds like the musicians are drunk....the tape has been a savior for instance in the mornings while I have fixed breakfast. We have been so late, so the children's programs on tv are already finished. Now he is going to crawl around my legs, if I can't get the video to go back to normal. They say it's maybe not so good if your home is too clean - that is a great relief, today D was crawling through dirt and dust when I had a good clean-up, actually rearranged some furniture while I was at it. Don't know if D got slightly disoriented, but he kept bumping his head on the chairs tonight when he was tired - lots of tears...Otherwise plans changed, my mother had to go to the doctor's in the morning, so now socialcall to the old lady. I couldn't find a babysitter for tomorrow night (actually I could've had one, but I had already told them I'm not coming), so I'm going to have a nice night off. If I remember, I'll watch the news from the local tv-station to see if D's crying is very loud in the interview....Now I'll go watch my favorite series on tv: Grey's anatomy. I don't know what it is about Wednesdays, but I always seem to be so tired when it's time for the series that I can hardly keep my eyes open. Other nights when there is nothing on, I'm wide awake :(.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Vad härligt det låter med D på upptäcksfärd. Det är en givande men dock krävande ålder han är i. Alla åldrar har sin charm. Väntar på samma tv-program här. Veckans höjdpunkt i tv-väg! Kram från "city" (BK).

Anonym sa...

Aaaah so nice to read about a typically normal kid! ;-) Buttons and lights are always fun. You will find repetition is a must in a child's learning experience. Other things fit nicely in a VCR, such as bananas, toast, wooden/plastic blocks. Oh! and the fun VCR silencer..those labels. I say, they like to gum everything up to a halt. Totally useless thereafter! Until I had kids I always wondered how my mother knew what I was doing when she wasn't even in the same room. Radar! You are around the kid(s) all day and you subconsciencely hear the sounds they make. When one of those sounds changes, like to quiet, you know something is up. Yes, when a child gets tired he tends to get heavy headed. Some times you feel so sorry for the little fellow when everything he does seems to result in a little accident with crying. Time for bed then! Try fast-forwarding the tape to the end and then rewind it a few times. That should loosen it up a little. Also cleaning the heads with a VCR head cleaning cassette usually helps as well, that is if the tape hasn't been destroyed. ;-) Ever wonder how many meters of tape are in a VHS cassette? A lot! ;-)

Anonym sa...

Nu har du full rulle hemma hör jag ;-)! Min J (nu 8 mån) kryper inte rent tekniskt sett men han drar sig fram på armarna, så han är också överallt. En dag drog han ut asklådan i "vedahellon" - men jag hann stoppa honom innan han smakade på askan ;-). Nu är lådan fasttejpad....
En glad påsk ditåt!

Jemayá sa...

Jo, nu gäller det att vara på alerten! Fick ju låna ett skydd för videon, men knapparna måste skyddas på något annat sätt! Har som tur är en annan video på vinden, ska flytta ner den, för där behövs den bättre. Kanske den som fått sig där nere ännu skulle kunna fås att fungera uppe på vinden med lite varsam omvårdnad först :)

Thanks Matt for the video first-aid! I'll switch videos (have a working one upstairs), and try to take better care of the one downstairs after this...

Anonym sa...

Om du inte har märkt det än så är det bra att flytta undan eller säkra lite tyngre saker som har elsladdar... vår lilla fröken grabbade tag i telefonsladden en dag när hon skulle försöka ställa sej upp, resultat: telefonen träffade henne i pannan. Hon blev så förskräckt att inte ens hunden kunde trösta henne till att börja med. Babylarm fick vi köpa nytt sedan hon slitit ner det ur fönsterkarmen. Vår telefonsvarare är nästan aldrig på numera heller sedan hon upptäckte sladden till den, hon drar ur hela paketet bara och sitter sen förnöjt och slickar på stickproppen.

Jemayá sa...

Jaa, det är nog livat med de små liven :). Fast man hur försöker flytta undan saker etc, så alltid är det något man inte noterat, eller som helt enkelt inte går att flytta bort. Men det går väl över dethär också!