torsdag 26 april 2007

Working girl

Here you get a chance to see what I occasionally do. The thing I like about being a freelancejournalist (no formal training, except for a lot of help and advice from the editor of the first paper I started writing for - tack Maggi!!), is that there is always something completely new - new people, places, events, things - to write about, you learn something all the time! I usually write a few articles twice a year for the personnelpaper of a town (Jakobstad) nearby. This time one of the articles was about the renovations of an old wooden ship, actually not that old, but built according to the plans of an old one. I know zero about boats...but it was actually quite interesting! Today there was another photographer - and he took the one of me (to the left, struggling in the wind...) without my knowing. for other articles I usually take my own photos.

I think I'm very lucky with my writing - I get to pick and choose the articles I like to write, since I'm not really working for any paper (have a few that I used to regularly write to before the baby). Right now it's perfect, since I couldn't write very much, but it's nice to once in a while to learn something new, meet new people, use the brain a bit...

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

You do quite well with your writing. It's nice to keep in touch from time to time to see what you have come up with and the pictures are always fantastic!

Annika sa...

Båtar är underbara! Jag kan förstå att det var roligt att skriva om dom! Allt som har med vatten att göra är lockande. Kul att du får skriva så pass mkt som du gör!!!

Jemayá sa...

Thanks Matt! It's wonderful to start something new and interesting at "an old age"....

Annika: jo, det känns alltid lite exotiskt med allt som handlar om hav och båtar! Och jag är glad och tacksam över att jag snubblade över denna möjlighet att skriva - och det tycks finnas hela tiden någon artikel som behöver en skribent :)!

Anonym sa...

Här har det hänt saker! Fin ny layout på bloggen.

Vad proffsig du ser ut på fotot, med trenchcoat och blocket i högsta hugg. Värsta Lois Lane (du vet hon Stålmannens ettriga reporterkompis) ;-)!

Anonym sa...

Nya fräscha vårvindar har blåst över din blogg sedan jag senast tittade in! Ser snyggt ut! Söt bild av din mamma och D och fina bilder av vårblommor! Det händer mycket i naturen nu, dag för dag ser man hur det ändrar. Vad trevligt ditt jobb verkar, lycka till med nya intressanta uppdrag och artiklar!