måndag 2 juli 2007

Finally!

Today was one of those days - when things just get finished. Must be because I was so energized by the qigong-training during the weekend! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL THE BABYSITTERS WHO MADE IT ALL POSSIBLE!!! Tusen tack, E, V och S & co!!! That was, by the way, just what I needed. After the last training yesterday, my body felt tired, but warm and all the stiff parts were gone. I was also inspired to continue exercising - like this morning I made some warm up movements on the balcony, and plan to end tonight with a bit of streching.

I'm very pleased with today's activities. D's been very cooperative with his naps today and I made a point of trying to either include him in what I did or simply take time to play with him - and still I managed to do a lot! I more or less finished the cold part of the attic (have tried to clear/clean it so it can be used as guestroom in the summer) - D helped - and while I was finishing my walk with D my cousin came by on his tractor. I asked if he could try to pull up the darn birchstump, and he said: "sure", confident his megatractor and fork that lifts a few tons could do the trick. Well, it couldn't. But he managed to dig up such a big hole I decided to plant the bush NEXT to the stump :). Mission accomplished, finally. Now the garden just needs weeding, but plants and bushes are where I want them to be :). For the first time...probably ever, the house has no room, which is a total mess (now all rooms are a bit messy :). So let's see if feng shui works - I'm expecting my life to become totally perfect now, since all corners of the house are in order, and the garden is ok, too!

I also want to share with you a picture of an old friend - McCormic. I learned to drive it when I was maybe eight years old, I was needed in the farmwork, using the tractor to make "pressed grass" (AIV-foder :) - don't know what it's called in English (correction later: checked with my mother, I was 14 when I started to work with the tractor...but I had been driving it in the fields before that). It was lovely driving the tractor along the forest roads. Now it makes a lot of noise, unfortunately, so I wouldn't take it for a spin, but I still have warm feelings for the old guy :). I'm glad I didn't even try to use it to pull up the birchstump...I wonder how many girls have photos of their favorite tractor on their blogs, by the way :).

Good week ahead - guests should turn up. Don't know how many yet :).

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Gratulerar, härligt att du mår bra. Helt garanterat kommer det att hämta även mera glädjeämnen till vardagen.Enjoy! kram Katri

Anonym sa...

Beautiful tractor! I have only known a few women, who were girls then, that could drive tractors and do farm work. They were too tough for me! ;-) I love old tractors. I may have to put my favorites on my Blog. AIV fodder, the process named after Artturi Ilmari Virtanen and what an invention it was. We call it silage although it is a different process. Silage coming from Silo, that tall, round part of a barn. My boys call the bag silos lining fields "Marshmallows"! So I take it that the stump still survives?

Jemayá sa...

Tack Katri - känns nog skönt då man åstadkommit något!!

Matt: yes, the stump was a tough one, now it is partly covered by the branches of the bush - and that's the way it's going to stay :)