söndag 15 juli 2007

Warning!

There is apparently a new kind of virus spreading - I keep receiving emails like this:

You've received an ecard from a Class-mate!

or from "a friend" or "a Neighbor", the first time I clicked on it, believing it was real, my virusprogram popped up and said I had a Trojan in my computer. Thank God I was able to remove it. Now I'm sad I can't even trust emailcards. On the other hand, this mail looks very plain and the name of the company is only "postcardsFrom.com" - I guess that should have warned me to begin with. Now you know, if you get the same. Who does this? Who gets a kick out of spreading things like this?! Have they nothing else to do with their life? :(

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Most all legitimate e-cards will have the name of the person who has sent the card. Always be wary of places that only give the address in numbers, that is to say, IP addresses, such as those that have been recently found in these spam emails. So a good rule of thumb is delete anything that you do not know who it is from. I have been getting many of these as well.