onsdag 4 juni 2008

Village life

I had already decided not to write in English, but since I know that occasionally at least Julie (hi :) reads my blog, I'll write a bit...:). Last night our village got its first infopoint. We had been planning it for ages (over a year) in the "village action group" (byarådet) and yesterday it was finally ready to be put in its place in the center. Another map is going up by the shop soon. So welcome all tourists! Now you'll easily be able to find your way around!
I feel very proud of my village. There are only about 1000 people here, but we have traditions to be proud of, music being one of the most important. This summer a particular dance is going to be revived on the villagedays 18-20th of July. Last night there was a chance to try out the dance, while the "spelmanslag" (don't know the name in English - what would it be called, with fiddlers, accordion etc, playing traditional folkmusic..?) had its practise. Unfortunately D was so tired due to his flu that I couldn't stay (and of course there was a lack of men to dance with, as usual :(.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I knew you would write in English again, anyway...no matter what foolish explanations.... You see, there might be somebody reading it anyway, and you love English ;o)and you do want to use it. love K

Jemayá sa...

Vaddå "foolish explanation"?! Nåja, det stämmer nog det också att jag tycker om att skriva på engelska - får inte så mycket övning annars mera :(