lördag 10 mars 2007

At the hairdresser's

Now my hair is half the length it used to be. D came with me to the hairdresser's -I have to try to save the babysitters for when I really need them - that is when I work, mostly, so I'll have to take D along to other things. Besides, the week was filled with action for him almost every day, with three different babysitters (twice out of the house), so I think it's important he gets to spend time with me, even if it's not only at home. We also visited the nearest town twice this week and also had one evening of tasting exotic fruit with the local women's association (he'll get very used to having ladie's full attention whereever he goes!). Today he became a bit tired toward the end, so I had to take him in my lap. There he was quite happy to sit and rip up the magazines they had there...It wasn't D's first visit to the hairdresser's, actually. In the summer I once took him into a hairdresser I know in our village. I had had lunch in our café, but was too shy to breastfeed there....
Work went well, even if I was reminded again of the fact that no matter how old students are, you can never go in there and expect to "just teach" - it is always a matter of getting the "whole package". Every students brings his/her lifeexperiences with them and they might not always be at a good point in their life. I think there should be psychological studies in teacher training as well, so that teachers would be more prepared to handle students with various personal problems.
Next week should be more peaceful, but toward the end of the week there will be more action -I'll be working Fri - Sun, and his father + family will come and see him on Saturday.

4 kommentarer:

Yvonne sa...

Mina barn har också fått vara med till frissan tidigt, jag minns att jag brukade ha med babysittern när de var mindre än D och sitta och gunga den med foten medan jag blev klippt :)

Anonym sa...

Boy! D is really trying to shred that magazine! I see you must have taken the photo while facing a mirror. The photo you have under your profile now seems quite familiar. Am I to assume that the photo with which this is commenting is of your new haircut? Hey! This isn't America so don't be shy :-) ... but I understand all the same.

Jemayá sa...

Yvonne: frissan berättade att då hon själv hade klippt håret då hennes barn var små, ville den minsta inte sitta i hennes famn förrän nästa dag. Hon kände inte riktigt igen mamma (troligen!)!. Så jag antar att det är bra för barnen att de ser vad som händer med mamma :)

Matt: didn't quite understand what you meant towards the end (America - shy?) - the photo is taken "midcut". I have to get used to the new hair before I can have my photo taken with the new hairstyle, if that is what you meant?.

Anonym sa...

Haha....No, I meant about breastfeeding in public. Actually, I don't think it is a shyness issue in the States but more of being decent. So many people frown on it there. And why? It is only natural and not bad if one uses a blanket or something for cover. That is all I meant :)