torsdag 29 mars 2007

A day in town

Today was spent in a town nearby (37 kms...). I discussed plans for some lectures in the fall and then we had lunch with a friend and did a bit of shopping. Hardest part was running back and forth to the car, since you can only park for 2 hours, and I was too lazy to start packing in D and the pram to move the car every second hour, so instead I just altered the time....


It was great to also run into people we know in the street and in one of the shops - D was happy to see two of his girlfriends :) and I was happy to share some news with the mothers :). I seem to have a pent up need to speak, when I see someone I know I'll talk and talk and talk...it's so great! I thoroughly enjoyed the day, but I still get tired rather quickly (it's still a bit new for me to move around in town with the pram), so once more I didn't finish my shoppinglist. Realized I don't think I've bought myself any clothes since D was born. Some underwear, but can't remember bying anything else. So next time....... and I plan for next time to be quite soon, it was so nice to stroll around in the sunshine, went to a café when I got thirsty and basically just took my time in the shops as well.
On the way home I stopped to put on D's sunglasses - he doesn't really like them, but when he managed to grab hold of mine, he forgot about his own. Unfortunately he very quickly fell asleep, dropped my glassed to the floor, woke up to that, and quickly took off his own. I was too lazy to stop anymore, so for the rest of the trip we both squinted, even if there were three pairs of sunglasses in the car - one pair on the floor (couldn't reach them when driving), one pair somewhere in my bag (couldn't find them, even if I knew they were there), and one pair mostly in D's mouth....
When D was christened I got a voucher to a bookstore, but haven't had time to use it until now - a beautiful book with children's stories is now waiting for D to become old enough to listen to the stories. My old "disease" kicked in - couldn't help buying two books for myself as well....There seems to be less and less to watch on tv in the evenings after D has fallen asleep, so I now plan to start using it for reading (when I'm not blogging :(.
Another "disease" that has popped up again is my urge to do gardening. Last year I hardly did anything in the garden, now I can't stop planning what to do there (once the snow has melted completely - we still have degrees below zero in the night, so it melts slowly). Couldn't help myself, had to buy some flowerseads already (I don't care that much about "useful" things like carrots etc, I only want to plant flowers, flowers, flowers!). It'll be so nice to be able to be outside with D in spring and summer..
D's cold is better, last night he didn't cough at all, but instead my nose is running. I'm a bit nervous about tomorrow, there is supposed to be a mother-children meeting, but I'm not sure I should go with my cold. I'll have to see tomorrow morning, I'd love to see the others!!!
ps. today he got up on this knees for the first time - he wanted to touch the tv-screen!

7 kommentarer:

ulrika v sa...

Vilka härliga bilder på coola D! Låter som ni hade en underbar vårdag i stan -ljuvligt! Kom annars på tal om förkylningar att tänka på webbsidan www.growingpeople.se den brukar jag kolla in ibland när jag funderar över något eksem eller hosta eller matvanor eller så ;) Ha det fortsatt skönt i vårsolen - njut av uteliv!

Jemayá sa...

TAck för tipset - jättebra att ha ställen att kolla på, man kan ju inte ringa folk vilken tid på dygnet som helst :). Fast bloggen är ju ett rätt snabbt sätt att få tips!

Annika sa...

Det ser verkligen vårligt ut!!! Mysigt!
Kan tro att er dag i stan var mysig.
Känner igen den där "sjukdomen" att vilja köpa böcker. den har jag också :-)
Jag önskar att jag hade inspiration för min täppa, men jag kommer aldrig ut, verkar det som. VILL ju få lust!
D är en COOL kille!!!

Anonym sa...

Har också fått inspiration för trädgårsarbete. väntar också otåligt på att få börja pyssla ute. Har tjuvstartat med att så lite örter och blomfrön inne!:) fina bilder.
Vi har samma problem med solglasögona. V tycker dom passar bäst i munnen!

Anonym sa...

Instämmer med de övriga här, D ser verkligen "cool" ut i sina solglasögon! Roligt att läsa om er fina dag! Jag vill också meddela att här är en till som inte tycker om att odla morötter och andra nyttiga saker i trädgården, nej, blommor, blommor och åter blommor skall det vara :))!

Jemayá sa...

D förstår kanske inte hur cool han ser ut, annars skulle han säkert vilja ha solglasögonen hela tiden :).

Trädgården är terapi! Ta inte stress Annika om det inte känns rätt!

Linda: Jag har också köpt en påse blommor att för..kultivera (heter det så...?) här inne, för att lite få komma igång! Hittar du på knep att få V att ha glasögonen - berätta!

Marianne: skönt att höra att någon annan också är "onyttig" i trädgården (det ansåg min pappa att jag var, enligt honom var det ju bara grönsakerna som var värda mödan!)

ulrika v sa...

Inte heller vår lilleman ville ha solbrillor på förra sommaren, då åkte de i munnen och sågs mer som en leksak, men nu tycker han det är skoj, speciellt ute skiner han upp när han får dem på sig. Kanske att ha upptäckt att de är praktiska för att man ser bättre - eller så är det en åldersgrej, att allt inte genast skall in i munnen längrr, så kanske de kommer med tiden om du har tålamod :)