onsdag 13 juni 2007

First steps/första stegen!

... Unfortunately not recorded yet, but D surprised himself this afternoon by walking a few steps without support. He did it two more times - the two first times grandma was the only one to see it, the third time he did it when we were getting ready for bed. He is getting to be such a big boy! In the first photo you can see his "monkeywalk" - the second one is taken tonight, just as we were getting ready to go to bed.
In bed he was testing his voice again, kept on sounding "eeeeee" for about five minutes, then some "mummummum", some giggles and then "eeeee" again! Finally he fell asleep.
I had a wonderful (although painful) massage today. Arms and upper back is in knots from all the carrying. Maybe this is the perfect time to loosen up the muscles, maybe I don't need to carry him so much soon. At the end of the month I'll participate in a weekend of qigong-training. That'll do me so much good - recharge my batteries and soften my stiff muscles, not to mention having some time to take care of myself and also socialize with people, ah! I've already spoken to babysitters, so it looks like I'll be able to take part in the training during the daytime.
Yesterday my good friend from Denmark (whom I actually met at the same qigongweekend three years ago!) and her husband popped in for lunch. So nice to see them, although I got upset when it looked like the lunch I had planned was going to be ruined, when I didn't follow the recipie. I was late with preparations, of course, and then the phone rang in the middle of everything - too much to handle for my little brain. Anyway, it was nice when we finally could sit down and enjoy the food.
I've been going back and forth with decisions about teaching English next year. First I wasn't going to do it, then I thought I should (need the money), now things have changed again, and I guess it is a sign that I really shouldn't work there any more. I think I should leave teaching behind me altogether and make room for jobs that give me more satisfaction. I'll just have to trust "life", that opportunities will present themselves. Today I even had some ideas about what I could start to do in the future - study art for adults (read about a new studyprogramme in the paper) or get involved with integration of refugees (also article in paper about possible use of the facilities of the artschool in Nkby after it moves). The latter is only at the idea stage in Nkby, but that would really be something I'd like to do. Anyway, it was nice to get a bit excited about things, even if none of them would actually work out in the future!

Inga kommentarer: