måndag 11 juni 2007

Haybarns


Since it was Sunday yesterday, and perfect bikeweather - for a change it wasn't so windy - I decided to go for a bikeride with D. Brought my camera as well. We have a photocompetition in the "village action group" - Jeppoviews/active Jeppo people. It was my idea, partly selfish....wanted to submit my own photos... but notice now that it isn't so easy to take a good picture. I thought the one at the bottom would be great, now I notice I should've positioned myself a bit differently, the picture is a bit crooked. Oh well, it'll be nice to see Jeppo through the eyes of other people's lenses :). I love the old haybarns, by the way. It's a pity they are disappearing from the scenery.

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

I don't think you could ever take a bad picture! My art teacher, who was also my math teacher in high school and also color blind (red-green deficiency!) once told me to never make your subject the central object of a photograph. Perhaps teachers of photography express this differently? Anyway, the idea is that if it is off-center then it catches the eye more readily than being symmetrical. As for the bottom picture, who would have noticed if you hadn't said anything? ;-) Another thing he taught me. We, who make the art, know the mistakes but those who tend to view may never know. I love barns of any kind. I wish I would have taken photos of all those old barns I happened across the wild west of Montana....sigh

Annika sa...

ÅÅÅ Österbottens lador! Vad FINT!!! Säger som ovan, om du inte sagt ngt om den nedre bilden hade jag aldrig tänkt på att den skulle "off". Tycker det är en fin bild!!! Bägge två...Bra ide! Nu ska jag också plåta lite lador i sommar!!!
Kram!

Jemayá sa...

Matt: there are rules, and then they are there to be broken. Sometimes symmetrical can be very striking! I seldom remember the guidelins when I take photos, it's more a question of what seems right at the moment. I guess that is why I'm seldom completely happy with the photos - when I look at them afterwards I realize what guideline I should've kept in mind! Oh well, I still enjoy taking the pictures, that is the main thing :). Greetings to Tiina, by the way, saw her photo in the paper, and read she had been elected!

Tack Annica! Jo, det gäller att fota dem så länge de finns. De flesta håller på att säcka ihop :(