fredag 22 juni 2007

Splash/Plask!

For the first time in almost two years I went swimming outside today. Needless to say, it was heavenly. I had been chopping away at birchtreeroots with an axe (jåjå Katri, jag vet...men jag måste helt enkelt :)!) - I'll explain that in another post some other day... and was simply put, drenched in sweat. D was sleeping, grandma watching over him, so I decided to jump in the car, bring my dear friend (camera), drive the three kilometers I have to the sandpits - "playa de Jeppo" - and test the water. It must've been warm, since I'm normally not very brave with cold water (even if I've tried swimming in a hole in the ice - twice - but didn't become a fan, preferred the sauna!), but didn't think it was too cold. Now I just hope my breasts won't explode...since I'm still breastfeeding morning and night.

I was very lucky, because there was noone else there. I could take all the time I needed to get used to the water and just absorb it all in peace and quiet. I almost felt childish running back and forth trying to get the self-timer on the camera to work. It was pure bliss for the fifteen minutes I was at the playa :). I had a moment of near-nirvana, standing in the water with the sun on my back. What a wonderful way to celebrate midsummer!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Aaaah ! va det ser skönt ut, önskar jag också fått plaska där.h.Katri

Jemayá sa...

Välkommen och plaska med mig senare i sommar :)