söndag 16 augusti 2009

What else did we do?

At the beginning of August we went to the cirkus with my friend T and her daughter L. I haven't been to a circus since a schooltrip to St Petersburg 25 years ago, I think :). For D it was the very first time. Unfortunately he had a bit of a temperature in the morning and I wasn't sure we could go, but after he took a 2,5 hour nap in the afternoon I felt he was ok enough (I had bought the tickets in advance :(. We had row one, so I was looking forward to getting a lot of great photos, but row one turned out to be rwo three :( - there were two rows before us and the "path"... The lighting was difficult anyway and I thought it was ok where we were, I wouldn't have liked to be pulled up on "stage" to take part in the different acts...It was great fun, though, D's favorite was a clown that climbed a lot of chairs. He was very upset that I hadn't taken any photos of any of the clowns... I liked the animals and lovely ladies in beautiful dresses. They also had a bit of a freakshow - a guy that could turn around his shoulders in their sockets, I watched it gaping, looked really awful!

When we have been watching photos with D he has often asked "missä mamma?" (he uses the Finnish word for "where" all the time, even if he mostly speaks Swedish now). Since I'm mostly the one holding the camera and also have a tendency to very seldom be seen in other people's photos, there are not that many of me. But towards the end of the summer friends of mine have taken pictures of us, which I'm really grateful for. This is one of my favorites - by the wall to our old "barn" (pls Julie - what is the word for the building where you keep cattle...?). We're sitting on the soil that was dug out and carried outside in the winter from underneath the old floor in the livingroom. D loves to "work" on the pile, I'm a bit less excited about it - not exactly a clean place to play....but the most important thing is that he is happy :).

We also went for a few bikerides. I even tried some jogging a few mornings and of course did a lot of qigong during the camp and have been continuing it a bit at home as well. This is why I'm a bit surprised that I caught a big flu first thing when the routines were setting in. I know I was pushing it a bit with all the activities, but I was so happy to be able to do such a lot of things this summer - now I have a best buddy to share things with :) and I know that when the autumn comes and I'm supposed to start doing more work, there is no time or energy for much else. So I guess it was a bit of a psychological or protest flu: "don't want to give up on all the fun". D's been away at his dad's this weekend, which was really good. I've been trying to rest, but I still don't feel well, I still have a headache and runny nose :(. Have to go to bed for a few hours before D comes home and hope that I will feel ok tomorrow.

6 kommentarer:

Henrik sa...

Tack igen för ditt blogg inlägg, det är trevligt att höra att Du har haft en bra sommar med så många aktiviteter.
Kiva att "D" pratar två till tre språk och där har nog "D" helt rätt missä äiti- fina sportiga bilder.
Hur långa länka gör ni med cykeln ? Kanske till butiken eller ? Önskar verkligen att Du slipper av med flunssan det tar på krafterna .

KRAM ! ! !

Saltistjejen sa...

Hoppas verkligen du kryar på dig snart!
Jobbigt med influensa och att ta hand om D ensa måste vara otroligt energikrävande.
Underbar bld på dig och honom iallafall! Just den som du gillar. E älskar också att gräva i sand och grus och jord. Sktig är ho mest hela tiden efter sådan lek men det får vara så. Barn måste ju få leka...! :-)
Jag tycker dina bilder från cirkusen blev rba.
Måste vara vårt att ta bilder där eftersom det ofta är lite halvmörkt och alla objekt rör sig mest hela tiden.
Kram och krya på dig!!

Annika sa...

Hej Ulla!
Tillbaks i USA igen.
Märkligt hur snabbt en sommar kan gå.
Var i dina trakter en gång i sommar, i Alahärmä på Power Park! VILKET bra ställe!!! TACK för att du tipsade mig i fjol.
Alla hade så roligt. Mkt bättre där än på Wasalandia! Absolut!!
Och du är sjuk!
KRYA på dig!!
Kram!!!

Jemayá sa...

Henrik: Det har inte blivit några regelbundna turer, om vädret varit perfekt = varmt och lite vind bara, så har jagkommit på att cykla iväg, halva Jeppo runt i gången. takc!

Saltis: du har rätt, det tyngsta är när jag själv är sjuk. Nu har det gått bra då jag hade D inbokad till dagis och inte var tvungen att jobba utan kunde vila, dessutom att få vila mera under veckoslutet. Men detta är en jäkla seg variant, som bara långsamt släpper taget :(. Jag är jättedålig på att fota i krävande ljus, tack och lov för photoshop :). kram!

Annika: härligt att ha dig tillbaka igen! Synd att du inte satte ett meddelande då ni for till powerpark, vi kunde kanske ha kommit för att träffa er dit! Lät i allafall som om ni haft en toppensommar, jättebra! kram!

Anonym sa...

You are correct, Ulla! Barn is the word you were looking for.
The pictures of you and D are so cute.
My kids will be back in school in 2 (or so) weeks. That means getting up early,homework, packing lunches.....we have had a good summer too!

Jemayá sa...

Julie: so "cowshed" would be something ancient....or small our in a field? Sorry to hear you have to pack the lunches - here all schoolchildren get lunch at school, thank God for that :). Hope your fall will be nice and not so stressful, even if the routines set in!