tisdag 4 augusti 2009

Farmers' exhibition


I've been a bit out of balance since Gusta died and haven't felt good to be home. On Saturday we went to see my mother's cousin, who lives in a place called Kurikka, one and a half hours away. On Sunday I decided to go see animals at the farmers' exhibition in Kokkola. D seemed to be more interested in the machinery, but the cute calves were to his liking as well :). I was happy to see alpackas, highland cows and horses - but was quite amazed by the size of the bulls. It rained twice but it was warm, so that was no problem.
Yesterday I was supposed to begin writing again but motivation is low - the paper that I write my monthly column to didn't pay me for the two columns in June. Sucks at this time when I have so little income. And it's warm and rather humid to be Finland, not the greatest weather to stay in by the computer. Today a nice man brought us blueberries, I took a pause in cleaning them, in the afternoon we're taking my mother for her massage and will visit relatives at the same time. Tomorrow is my jobinterview, looking forward to that! Thursday we're off with D by train to Helsinki and from there to see a really good friend of mine - that'll be really nice!! So I will probably have a pause here until next week.

4 kommentarer:

Henrik sa...

Trevligt med omväxlande dagar och med besök i Karleby på "Farmari"
Får önska dig en lyckodag i morgon med jobbintervjun.

Här har jag plockat blåbär, det finns nog bär i skogen, blir nog säkert c. 6 - 8 ämbar denna gång.
Ha det så bra på resan.

Kram !

Anonym sa...

My heart goes out to you for the loss of Gusta. Our cats are part of the family. jj

Emmama sa...

Sa ledsen over vad som hant fina Gusta, sa vidrigt nar det sker! STOR KRAM och ett stort lycka till infor din intervju imorgon!

Jemayá sa...

Henrik: oj, wow vad mycket du plockat, vet inte om vi alls hinner ut i skogen i år. TAck - vi hade en härlig resa! kram

Julie: thank you - the cat was just getting "ready" - ie was grown up and becoming really affectionate.

Emma: tack! Intervjun var förra veckan, fick reda på i fredags att jag inte fick jobbet. Synd, men måste fösöka ha tillit att något ännu bättre väntar runt hörnet :). kram