onsdag 31 december 2008

New Year - New age!

Today is my 45th birthday and the last day of the year. I was born three hours and fifteen minutes before midnight. My father was really happy, he still got childbenefit for December, even if I only lived a few hours of the old year. I would've preferred the fame of being the New Year's first baby :), especially now, when people ask me what year I was born, I sound one year older than I really am when I say 1963...on the other hand, at this age it doesn't really matter anymore :).

In show and tell last Friday the theme was New Year's resolutions. I don't normally promise anything, since I think that is just adding pressure to one's life and since the promises mostly are broken, it just adds a sense of disappointment in oneself. I guess if I smoked or drank heavily, I might use this opportunity to try to break the bad habit once and for all, but since this is not the case ( I only have minor vices ;), my aims are simply to listen better to myself and my needs in the new year. If I feel overwhelmed by everything, I'll try to take time out, if it is in any way possible. My problem is with work, since I'm not employed by anyone noone pays me anything if I'm ill, for instance. This adds a pressure to work when there is work to be done, no matter which shape I'm in...

In Facebook I've actually joined a group that aims to exercise 1000 kms in 2009. If someone could grant me a wish today on my birthday for the year to come, it would be good health! This year has been such a hard one due to all the flus I've had.

I thought it would be very appropriate for me to end this year with one of the most beautiful songs I know. For the second year now it was played in the Christmas concert of our local wind orchestra and I always become teary eyed when I hear "Gabriella's song", it is very personal. It is from a wonderful Swedish movie called "Såsom i himlen" ( ~ As in heaven).

I wish you all a Happy, Healthy, Peaceful, Fulfilling
and in particular
a Lovefilled
New Year of 2009!


14 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Happy birthday and Happy new year!

Anonym sa...

Grattis och Gott Nytt År!
Kerstin

Anonym sa...

Grattis på födelsedagen!

Anonym sa...

Många kramar på den "riktiga" dagen och tack för gårdagskvällens pratstund! Ett riktigt gott och lyckosamt nytt år! Vi kämpar vidare... Kram. Maggi

Anonym sa...

Grattis på födelsedagen, och hoppas att det nya året blir friskt och lyckligt!

Annika sa...

Happy Birthday!!! HAPPY New Year!!
Hoppas att allt nästa år ska blo bara bra!!
KRAMAR i massor!!

Anonym sa...

Varma gratulationer och gott nytt år från ett blåsigt Kokkola

Carina

Anonym sa...

Grattis o Gott Nytt År!

Jag tycker det är det fina med att vara i vår ålder...det spelar ingen roll längre när man är född!
Hoppas 2009 blir ett friskare år för er! Nu just hoppas jag detsamma för oss eftersom jag o dottern är inne på vår andra antibiotikakur på en månad....inte bra, men idag känns det bättre än igår och det är huvudsaken!

Ha det riktigt bra!

Anonym sa...

Grattis, grattis och gott nytt 2009!

Trollmamman

Anonym sa...

Hipp Hipp Hurra i sista minuten det här året! Här viner raketerna över vårt hustak. Hoppas att du har haft en mysig födelsedag.

Med önskan om ett Gott 2009!

Jemayá sa...

Tack till er alla! Vi får hoppas att det trots allt blir ett bra år! Allt gott till er!!

Anonym sa...

Ett försenat födelsedagsgrattis och ett gott nytt år!

/Helén

Anonym sa...

Grattis i efterskott.

Marianne sa...

... från Kairo:

GRATTIS i efterskott! Jag hoppas att både jobb och hälsa ska vara med dig framöver!