onsdag 30 december 2009

Holidays!

We've had a really calm holidayseason, which was was I really needed this year. Sleeping late in the morning, only being forced outside to showel the snow that keeps coming down every day.















We all got really nice presents of Santa, not too many, but just what we needed :). D thought Santa was really nice, but didn't see very well (had forgotten his glasses :). Since D spent two nights (three days, from the 25th) at his dad's I could really rest as well. Read an interesting book I got as a present and did whatever I felt like (strangly enough I began clearing away stuff...). Also began a "healthy routine" in the mornings with a bit of exercise and meditation, which I hope in the long run will keep me more focused, happy and healthy.


The flu is still there, but I can feel it slowly losing its grip (D isn't really coughing anymore either). Unfortunately my mother wasn't so lucky. I had to call an ambulance early Sunday morning, she had trouble breathing. Felt a sense of "déjà vu" - it was around this time last year when she got ill, but I'm confident that this time she will be back home soon. She has reacted well to antibiotics and now only needs to gain strength. To be honest, it also gave me a bit of a break not having her at home, but next time I start feeling a bit tired of her I think I'll put her in the old people's home for a weekend instead :) (I'm entitled to a few periods of "holiday" as a caretaker of an elderly, we don't have to pay much for her stay and it gives us all a bit of a change). The fall period simply became too long without a break, spring will be much better - and that is more "my season", always feel much more energetic and positive then due to the increasing amount of light.

I tried to take a picture of our house on Christmaseve with all the lights, but it looked more like it was on fire, since I couldn't keep steady enough. Tried one with a flash, which took away the nice feel of the lights, but which I think is more accurate - it's been soooo dark, and snowing. But I'll post the one with a "call the firebrigade"-feel to it as well :).

Last night I took part in a "treasuremap course", which means cutting out pictures and "slogans" that feel good and pasting them on a "treasuremap" for the coming year, indicating what I wish will happen/how I want to feel during 2010. Tomorrow I'll get a reikitreatment and go for lunch in Pietarsaari with some friends. For the evening I've invited some friends over for "coffee" (didn't want any pressure...but would like company :).

I hope you all out there will have a wonderful New Year's Eve
and
I wish you all love, health and wealth for 2010!!

6 kommentarer:

Ebba Christina sa...

det låter väldit skönt med den lugna julhelgen. Hoppas att din mor blir frisk snabbt och får komme hem.
Islyktan som du väl gjort i en hink är väldigt fin. Brukar göra sådan själv....Ha ett riktigt gott slut....

Anna, Fair and True sa...

Jag tyckte också att det såg ut som om huset brann, innan jag läste vad du skrivit! Tur att det inte var så! Vilken fin isljusstake du hade gjort!

Treasure map-idé lät ju bra!

Gott nytt år!

Jemayá sa...

Ebba: var lite lessen i november över att jag inte hittade någon lämplig resa, men med facit på hand blev det perfekt så här, skulle bara ha tröttat ut mig totalt med någon resa! Misslyckades med de andra lyktorna, de blev bara stora isklumpar, det var så otroligt kallt och ajg flunssig, så ajg inte orkade kolla dem tillräckligt ofta - så gickd et som det gick :). Som tur var fick jag åtminstone en "normal" :). Tack det samma - och ett gott början till dig också ;)

Anna: borde ha använt stativ, men det orkade jag inte börja mixtra med :). Islyktorna är fina - ifjol regnade de bort, i år var det så himla kallt, så det gick nästan andra vägen, men en blev bra! Gott nytt år till dig med!

StrandMamman sa...

Vet du vad - jag har aldrig gjort en islykta ännu i mitt liv...!! Men har förhoppningsvis många år framför mig ännu så vem vet, någon vinter kanske jag slår till och överraskar mig själv! :))

Hoppas din mamma mår bättre nu.

Jättemysiga bilder på D och tomten! Och också jag trodde först att huset brann ;))

God fortsättning på det nya året, önskar er allt gott!!

Annika sa...

God fortsättning!
har varit lite dålig på att läsa bloggar under mina veckor i Sthlm.
Men nu är jag tillbaks i DC igen!
Har njutit av vintgern i Sthlm i fulla drag!!
Underbart, underbart.
FINA bilder du tagit. Islyktan är underbar.
Kramar!!!

Jemayá sa...

Strandmamman: speciellt vid er villa skulle islyktorna sitta perfekt! Tack för fint julbrev, kram!

Annika: var nog och kikade på dina fina foton från Stockholm, men har av någon orsak inte själv heller haft lust att sitta så mycket vid datorn. Hoppas komma igång sen när det blir mera rutiner igen :). kramar!!