lördag 19 december 2009

Light for children

To honor the 20th birthday of the UN's child convention Nykarleby (Uusikaarlepyy in Finnish, the town our village belongs to, 20 kms away) organized an event a few weeks back. 18 children were chosen to light a candle for all children born during the past 18 years. I was really proud that D was chosen to represent those born in 06. He handled his task really well, despite my worries he wouldn't let go of the candle or run in a wrong direction :). The only problem was that before the candles were placed, we were supposed to wait in line on both sides of the stage. His girlfriend, who represented those born the year before, was on the other side of the stage and I had my hands full to prevent him from running over to her :).

It was a rainy, dark night, almost impossible for good photos, but I'm glad that my friend sent me this one as a memory of the event. Tack Barbro!

Here you can see some other photos from the same night.

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Good job, Daniel!
I got your Christmas card and it is hanging on my refridgerator! Thank you. Julie