lördag 27 januari 2007

8 hours!!!

Since sometime in early spring I haven't had a night like this - with sleep for 8 hours in one go. There is a strange, new sensation in my body! D didn't sleep badly in the beginning of the summer, or actually has slept fairly well until the past months, but his long nights have been irregular, and my system is slow - it was used to waking up, now it seems it can believe that I'm allowed to sleep the whole night as well! At 6.15 D woke up, I took him into bed, gave him the breast and now he sleeps again. I suspect I could wean him out of that meal as well, but I enjoy taking him into bed then and the plan is to start writing in the morning while he still sleeps - last week I was simply too tired myself to get up then, but maybe with a few more nights like this - and less strenuos days - and I can start to get up at around 6.30 and have a little time for myself.

The house is still cool, no plumber yesterday, but just now the man who will do the carpeting (of the linoleums) arrived, so hooray! The rooms will almost be finished today.....

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Yes! Slowly but surely things will work their way out for you and D. I do remember a time when, after the boys each got into a sleeping pattern that allowed us to sleep through the night, I would wonder just how long they should be sleeping during the day. Sometimes they would sleep for a long time. Sometimes we had to wake them up if we needed to go some place, etc. Then as they grew older they either required more sleep or less sleep. Like me, I can go on five hours a sleep a day but T can't. Niki has to have long nights too and he was always good at going to sleep when he was tired. Alexi, on the other hand, would take a 15 minute nap in a car ride and he would be up until Midnight. This of course happened when they were some years older than your D. And SLEEP through a bomb! Myself, I have always been a light sleeper. Each child is his/her own person so you just have to wait and see how it will be. ;-)

Have you a lot of snow? We have quite a bit. Visit my blog and you will see! I love winter, especially when it is like this!

Jemayá sa...

Hi Matt! Yes, it'll be interesting to see D's habits, what kind of person he will be! Now I'm just so pleased about his sleeping in the night! Feels like life is much more brigher now :)

Yes, we have a bit of snow now, bad wind yesterday!