onsdag 3 januari 2007

Intentions for 2007

It's great to have a fresh new year, an opportunity to restart. I got a message from a friend:

May the new year
keep what you love
bring what you need
and take away
the burden that you carry

I thought those were great words (tack K!), perfect for me. 2006 was a difficult year in many ways, even if there was that one shining event - the "appearance" of my son. The summer was great, even if there were difficult moments (son's stomachache in the beginning - was helped by zonetherapy) and new routines to be learnt. But all the people that were happy about his birth, all the visits I got - that was wonderful. The hard things were the aching arms and hands during the last months of the pregnancy, the delivery, and the problems in the fall with Ms Y, and also Mr X. But I managed to find support and a backbone towards the end of the year, and could spend the rest of December resting and mending.

Today my cousin and his son are back to work on the new bathroom and "homecare"room, and I got up a bit earlier. It will be so great when the rooms are finished - I really look forward to the baths with little D - and also some relaxing ones on my own. The household will also be easier to take care of, when there is a room for ironing, sewing, and storing things.

D is still sleeping - I'm hoping to have the mornings to write the blog, and also to start writing articles (Halfway articles are waiting to be finished...). I'm hoping to include more exercise into my weeks - for the past month I have hardly done anything, a few walks with D. I'm sad there is no possibility for me to do what I'd love to do - pairsalsa and qigong - but I read the program of the eveningcourses, and found they have on Mondays training with leader in the great gym we have here, and on Saturdays, later in spring, Latin dances in the nearest town. What I need is great organizing....the foodpreparation takes up more and more of my time, so I need to somehow work out how to make that easier. I'm thinking sitting down once a week to plan the menu for the next week, and freeze some food for the baby.

We still haven't got snow - well, when I look out the window there is a bit on the field outside, but the road is wet (oups, just saw the neighbour almost falling over when picking up the mail - it isn't wet, it's icy!!), so I suspect the few snowflakes on the ground will melt during the day. I'm hoping for normal Januaryweather, which is snow, sun and about - 10 degrees (er...usually it is a bit colder....). But since the weather has been so unpredictable in the past years, I'm afraid it'll jump to extreme temperatures, when the cold comes. If not, I'm hoping for days outside with my son, pulling him in a "pulka", kind of a small sledge (have to include a photo later when we have the snow!), and using the "kick-sledge" on the icy road. It has also dawned on me that he is big enough to sit at the back of the bike later in the spring (of course, in a safety"chair"). Hurray! I can exercise and take care of my son - maybe also visit friends - all in one go, just the way I like it :)!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Du borde få tag i en sån där "barnlåda" av trä som jag har sett att endel har framme på sin sparkstötting. Cykla ja, det var en njutning av stora mått när man äntligen kunde börja med det tillsammans med babyn!! Minns att jag var överlycklig och totalt frihetsberusad under den första cykelturen, för nog blev det ju "töögot" att skuffa den där barnvagnen fram och tillbaka längs med samma vägar varje dag. Jag minns också en annan cykeltur, jag var sååååååå fruktansvärt chokladsnål, satte dottern bak på cykeln och trampade iväg till R-kiosken. Precis då jag stannade utanför kiosken, med chokladen inom synhåll och med smaken redan på tungan och jag satte ner ena foten i marken kände jag en duns i ryggen... dunsen innebar alltså att fröken somnat och det hjälmförsedda huvudet föll framåt. Och att lämna ett sovande barn på en parkerad cykel lyckas inte, det var bara att stiga på igen och trampa iväg... ååååh!
Har du förresten cykelsits? Tror att vi kanske har en kvar i vårt garage. Nu borde du förresten föreslå ett lämpligt datum för när ni skulle komma hit, den utlovade spa-stunden väntar på dig här vid Ejdevägen!

Anonym sa...

Jag väntar också på att få börja cykla med Vilgot. Men före det borde julklappespulkan få testas... Kanske snart?! :)

Jemayá sa...

Ejdevägen: man börjar lära sig att det är barnets behov som går först :). Lånar gärna barnsitsen! Och badet hoppar jag gärna i någon gång den närmaste tiden!!

Linda: Börjar se lovande ut för pulkor snart :)