fredag 9 maj 2008

Excursion

Tonight I took part in an excursion organized by the women's group here in Jeppo - Jeposmettona. We went to "Purmo", a village about 30 kms away to have a 2-3 hour walk and then have dinner together. When we got there I realized we were supposed to walk 14 kilometers, and started having second thoughts. I haven't had much possibility to exercise since D was born, there simply doesn't seem to be time. But I thought I could manage if we took it easy (there were six of us). Unfortunately the rest were in good shape, used to long walks, so they took off like ... well-trained people (couldn't think of a suitable animal or word: antilopes/cheetas? ...but walking).
Shortly after this, I realized I had to throw in the towel. The others were just speeding away, there was no time for taking photos, having a sip of water, listening to the birds.....I was breaking into a sweat and we hadn't even come halfway yet. So when the path joined a road that seemed to go back, I decided to go back, otherwise the walk would have become an endless struggle, instead of a nice break from responsibilities and tasks. It turned out to be a good decision, when the others trotted away, I tried a small road that lead into a beautiful forest, sat down on a rock, had a banana and just enjoyed the birds singing and the smell of spring. No rushing anywhere, instead catching up with myself.

Ummmm, here I could enjoy the smell of fresh wood...and shortly afterwards there was a field full of feeding swans in the distance.

After this I slowly made my way

back to the restaurant where we had started from. All in all I guess I walked about 6-7 kilometers, which for a "normal" person isn´t very far, but for me at this moment - in the shape I'm in - is a rather long walk. But I recovered while I waited for the others to get back - for an hour I sat engulfed in a gossip magazine, with a glass of wine (a luxury to have an hour of idle time!). Then we had a nice meal together...and I had (I think) my first Irish coffee since D came into my life :). So even if the walk began badly for me, the whole event became a positive one. Tomorrow I need to go get my car from the center of the village ;).

ps. lots of wildlife in the woods between Jeppo and Purmo - on the way there I saw an elk with its small calf on a field and on the way back there were at least three rabbits crossing the road in front of the car and many big birds - but there was no way of telling the species in the semidarkness.

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Vad bra att kvällen kändes så skön för dig! Vi hade väl lite dåligt samvete när du fick gå tillbaka ensam, men det gick över när vi såg dig på restaurangen. Du såg ut att njuta av tidningen och glaset med rött :)
K

Jemayá sa...

Jo det blev bra, fast jag bannade mig själv i början (och lite er också som hade så brått), då jag inte fattat hur långt vi skulle gå. Men som sagt, det blev riktigt bra ändå!

Anonym sa...

Hej Ulla ! 6-7 km är jätte duktigt för en som inte är van att gå längre sträckor. Du var duktig som klarade det o dessutom verkar det som du fick exakt det som du behövde utav hela utflykten. Du lyssnade på kroppens signaler o agerade därefter. Det blir 10+ för det. Kram Katri

Jemayá sa...

TAck katri, jag hade nog inget annat val, blev bara trött och efter hela tiden i början - det var ju ändå meningen att det skulle vara en trevlig social grej och inte något man gör med blodsmak i munnen. Är glad att jag täcktes ge upp :)

Annika sa...

ja, verkligen!! DET är duktigt. Sen verkade det bara som en skön extrabonus med vinet och tidningen...härligt!!!
Underbara bilder!!!