söndag 4 maj 2008

Terrible 2s?

I think this photo illustrates very well the mood D's been in for the past days. I think it partly has to do with the fact that there have been a lot of activities, his routines have not been followed, and I have been paying attention to someone else than him. On Friday we took my mother to see her friend at her summercottage, on the way we stopped at a shop + café. For the first time I really hated being with him. At the door they had a kind of spaceship for kids. D wanted of course to sit in it. None of us had the coin required to make it work, so I thought we might as well get on with our shopping and lunch. Now afterwards I think I forgot to tell him about this, I just shortly said " we have to go" and pulled him out of it. The result: kicking and screaming for a looong time afterwards. I walked with him through a corridor to the café, with people staring and his screams echoing between the tables once we got there. Of course he refused to sit down and sweat was beginning to break out for me. A nice old man came to offer him a biscuit, but if possible, he just kicked and screamed even more :(. Finally I had to take him outside, and there he slowly began to calm down. But he was already exhausted at that point, I just managed to get a few spoons of food into him. In the shoeshop I had to try shoes on with the speed of lightning (almost...), I really HAD to get him some shoes, since summerweather came so suddenly, I hadn't realized he didn't have any summershoes, so he desperately needed new ones. We also saw a couple we knew, with a son that also throws tantrums now and then - they wished me welcome to the club :(.

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

EN HELT NORMAL TVÅ ÅRIG KILLE!!!:)DET ÄR EN FÖRDEL ATT VARA ENVIS HÄR I LIVET, TROTS ATT MAN KÖR MAMMA NÄSTAN TILL VANSINNE IBLAND...KÄMPA PÅ!

Anonym sa...

Undrar om det har med skorna att göra? Vi hade värsta showen vid Halpa Halli för en vecka sedan. Trollet grät, skrek, sparkade, sprang undan och sparkade av varje sko jag försökte prova. Så höll vi på i en halv timme, sen mutade vi med en laksak.

Trollmamman