måndag 19 maj 2008

Out for a walk

I haven't been very well for the past week. Due to the flu I have tried to rest and sleep while D takes his nap, today was no exception, I was too tired to do anything else. But in the evening, after a trip to the shop I decided we both needed some fresh air. I had noticed a tree in bloom by the old kiln (hope that's the right word for "ria" - a kind of barn in the field where they used to dry the seeds in the old days), just a short walk from our house. The kitten also decided to follow us.



D didn't really have the patience to admire the flowers, he probably didn't remember being here before, so there were a lot of exciting things to look at and touch.

According to the dictionary the tree is called "bird-cherry" in English (hägg in Swedish). It's one of the first native plants to bloom in spring, lovely smell but the flowers stay for just a short while. It's been rather cold here lately, even below zero some nights, so spring put on its brakes after the wonderfully warm days of the beginning of the month.
D noticed he could have a lot of fun with the soil. It was actually fun to see him get all dusty! I realized we should start making more small excursions in the neighbourhood, it'll do both him and me good to get a bit of "excitement" :) outside the yard.
After quite some I time I finally managed to convince D that we should go back home. But at that point the kitten had disappeared. I figured he had found some mice somewhere and would return home on his own. But I was wrong, when he hadn't returned when D finally went to sleep, I went by bike to check the kiln - and there he was, all spooked. He had probably not been this far on his own yet and was too afraid to leave the safety of the buildning on his own. But he calmed down enough to follow me home, where his mom had caught a mouse (or probably outside, but she brings them in :(, so dinner was served :).

Inga kommentarer: